About Me

My photo
Toronto, ON, Canada
I am a geek who doesn't look like one (so I'm told). I love talking about anything for far too long. I'm turning into my father... Which is great because I had a great Dad. I'm sure my kids won't think this while they are growing up, but with luck.. later on they will.

Monday, September 25, 2006

I hereby declare this description field null and void!

Who would have figured that I would be posting so fast? Not I that is for sure. And about something so pointless at that. Below is what I had wanted to put in the description field for this page:

>>>
How do you describe something about nothing (aside from calling it a show called "Seinfeld")? Perhaps the english language is lacking such words. Consider the list of synonyms that I found for the word nothing:
annihilation, aught, bagatelle, blank, cipher, crumb, diddly, duck egg, extinction, fly speck, goose egg, insignificancy, naught, nihility, nix, no thing, nobody, nonbeing, nonentity, nonexistence, not anything, nothingness, nought, nullity, obliteration, oblivion, scratch, shutout, trifle, void, wind, zero, zilch, zip, zippo, zot (Source: Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.3.1))
I can't pick from these words.. In a word I find them all.. Lacking. So instead how about I not attempt to classify this (my first blog attempt) in such a general manner. In fact, officially I declare this description field to be null and void.. Oh wait, doesn't that translate out to nothing? Nice! A full circle of nothing!
>>>

Too long! I beg your pardon. WTH is that about? Isn't the point of mindnumblingly longwindedness supposed to be having to painfully sit through every aching word of it? Sigh to be shunted. As you can clearly see, I am having a rather slow day at work!

N

No comments: